NOW OFFERING TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENTS
e-mail us at email@example.com
What is Telehealth:
"Telehealth involves the use of telecommunications and virtual technology to deliver healthcare outside of traditional healthcare facilities. Telehealth, which requires access only to telecommunications, is the most basic element of “eHealth,” which uses a wider range of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
Telehealth examples include virtual home health care, where patients such as the chronically ill or the elderly may receive guidance in certain procedures while remaining at home. Telehealth has also made it easier for health care workers in remote field settings to obtain guidance from professionals elsewhere in diagnosis, care, and referral of patients. Training can sometimes also be delivered via telehealth schemes or with related technologies such as eHealth, which makes use of small computers and the internet.
Well-designed telehealth schemes can improve health care access and outcomes, particularly for chronic disease treatment and for vulnerable groups. Not only do they reduce demands on crowded facilities, but they also create cost savings and make the health sector more resilient.
Since remote communication and treatment of patients reduce the number of visits for health services, both transport-related emissions and emissions related to operational requirements are reduced. In addition, fewer space demands can potentially result in smaller health facilities, with concurrent reductions in construction materials, energy and water consumption, waste, and overall environmental impact."
From: Health and sustainable development - https://www.who.int/sustainable-development/health-sector/strategies/telehealth/en/
How does Telehealth physiotherapy work?
All you need is an internet connection, access to a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer, and to follow these instructions:
- Book your Telehealth appointment by calling 936-8700/916-6164
- Just prior to your appointment, your physiotherapist will send you an email with a link to your online physiotherapy appointment. If you're on a smartphone or tablet, you may be required to download the app.
To ensure you have a great appointment, please check:
- Camera Angle & Location. Make sure your camera is set up to allow you to move around and still be seen.
- Device Battery. It might be best to be plugged in.
- Audio. Consider using earbuds for clearer sound.
- Internet Connection. Check your internet connection at fast.com. You will need a result of 15Mbps or higher.
- Environment. A quiet private space free of distraction is best, so you can focus on what you need.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.